Copy and Paste from Melle to Word

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
joetter

Copy and Paste from Melle to Word

Post by joetter »

I'm nearly done with my PhD thesis, and I have done the thesis in Mellel using bookends. I have found an editor that I like, but they have asked that the thesis be given to them in word instead. Is there a way to copy and paste the thesis from Mellel into word and have it copy in the 'links' from bookends instead of just the bibliographic information. In other words, is there a way to copy over an unscanned document from Mellel to word, and then scan it and have it fill in the citations while in word?
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Copy and Paste from Melle to Word

Post by Jon »

Not as easily as copy/paste, I think. Maybe export as RTF? But that's really a question for the Mellel forum, they are better placed to provide more information and possible solutions.

Jon
Sonny Software
Philologist

Post by Philologist »

Is there a way to copy and paste the thesis from Mellel into word and have it copy in the 'links' from bookends instead of just the bibliographic information.
If by 'links' you mean 'temporary citations', then you can do that. But I don't understand the purpose of this task.
is there a way to copy over an unscanned document from Mellel to word, and then scan it and have it fill in the citations while in word?
Why do you want to copy and paste the temporary citations in Mellel into Word in order to scan the document in Word???

Just scan the document in Mellel and then export it as RTF or .doc
What you then get in Word (or any other word processor) after the import is the fully formatted citation. If—for some unknown reason—you want the temporary citations to appear in Word, then just export the Mellel document unscanned. In that case the temporary citations are just plain text with the delimiters {}, which Word can easily convert to a final citation.
Rossman

Post by Rossman »

So Word automatically formats the citations without you having to do anything?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Both Mellel and Word format the citations when you do a scan.

If you want to move the scanned Mellel document to Word, export as RTF or .doc.

If you want to do the scan in Word, not Mellel, export without having done a scan and then do the scan in Word.

Jon
Sonny Software