Keyboard shortcuts in floating citation window

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
nh220

Keyboard shortcuts in floating citation window

Post by nh220 »

I couldn't find any mention on this in the manual, so I don't know if it is possible or not, but here goes:

In the "second" floating citation window after you press control-command-Y, is there a way to get over to to the Modifiers drop down and make a choice using the keyboard?

I know I can tab between the "cited page..." and "precede...." boxes but being bale to choose exclude author or what have you w/o having to use the mouse would be great. (A small thing in the grand scheme of things, I know.)
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Keyboard shortcuts in floating citation window

Post by Jon »

Perhaps that would work with the appropriate Accessibility options turn on in System Preferences. I tried turning on Mouse Keys, which didn't work, but it's likely there's some other setting that would work that I missed.

Jon
Sonny Software
nh220

Re: Keyboard shortcuts in floating citation window

Post by nh220 »

Turns out the solution was really straightforward (and had nothing to do with Bookends) and I post it here for others' reference:

Turning on the "Use keyboard navigation to move focus between controls" does the trick (and then you can use up/down arrows to choose an option in the list).

This is in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Keyboard.