Unable to scan Word files with one copy of Bookends

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
enrico.scarpella

Unable to scan Word files with one copy of Bookends

Post by enrico.scarpella »

Hi all,

I have Bookends (13.3.2) installed on two laptops with a single library synced between the two laptops (and with Bookends for iOS). I can scan Word docx files if I use Bookends on one of the two laptops, but if I do it on the other laptop (after having quitted Bookends on the first laptop, of course), Bookends hangs forever until I force-quit it. Both laptops have the same setup and are running MacOS 10.15.3. Does anyone have any idea why that would happen and what I could do to fix it? Thank you for your consideration.

Best regards,
Enrico
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Unable to scan Word files with one copy of Bookends

Post by Jon »

Reinstall Word?

Jon
Sonny Software
enrico.scarpella

Thanks for the prompt reply. I think you're right because I have now tested it, and I can scan a Pages document just fine, even with the laptop with which I cannot scan Word files. Thanks again.

Best regards,
Enrico
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

One other thought -- go to System Preferences -> Privacy and make sure that Bookends and Word can talk to each other.

Jon
Sonny Software
enrico.scarpella

Thanks, Jon, but I have checked and Bookends has the same permissions on both laptops. I am now in contact with the IT department of our university to see if they can help me re-download and re-instal Office remotely. I'll let you know if that solves the problem. Thanks very much again!

Best regards,
Enrico
enrico.scarpella

Hi Jon,

I've reinstalled MS Office, and now Bookends can once again scan Word files. Thank you very much again for your help (and for Bookends for Mac and iOS).

Best regards,
Enrico