Separation of two authors in front

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
stseland

Separation of two authors in front

Post by stseland »

Hi,

I'm writing my thesis in Norwegian and is using Bookends two manage my references. So far I've been able to translate and modify the APA-format to suit my needs, with one exception: For references that have only two authors, they are separated by &:
{Kock and Villadsen, 2012, #79476} -> (Kock & Villadsen, 2012)

However, sometimes i wish to use the modifer two have the authors in front. And it looks like this:
{^Kock and Villadsen, 2012, #79476} -> Kock and Villadsen (2012)

In the latter I've have not been able to find a way to get "&" as the seperator, and not "and" which is not a good separator of authors in Norwegian (it is actually the Norwegian word for "duck").

Thanks in advance!
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Separation of two authors in front

Post by Jon »

Is this an author-date format? If so, you set the conjunction for 2 authors to & in the citation options tab, second page. That will then be used whether the authors are in the citation or placed in front.

Jon
Sonny Software
stseland

Post by stseland »

It is author-date format. As far as I can tell, the setting for conjunction of two authors is set to &, and it works perfectly when the two authors are inside
the parentheses. However, it is not the case when the authors are in front. See the attached photos for example.

Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I can't see the photos. But I tested this myself before I posted, so it works for me.

Contact tech support directly and send screen snaps of you you've configured the format.

Jon
Sonny Software