Formatting Text in Fields

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Adrian Petre

Formatting Text in Fields

Post by Adrian Petre »

I am not sure whether there is any topic on this: after the last update (April 2020), the formatting of a part of the title (and other fields apparently) using italic or bold face disappears. I apply the italics or bold, but after I click on another reference, and come back to the formatted one, the italic or bold face is gone.
For example, I have
Grenz, Stanley J. “The Social God and the Relational Self: Toward a Theology of the Imago Dei in the Postmodern Context.” HBT 24.1 (2002): 33–57.
I format the "Imago Dei" as italic. I click on another reference, and then click again on Grenz's, and the formatting is
Grenz, Stanley J. “The Social God and the Relational Self: Toward a Theology of the Imago Dei in the Postmodern Context.” HBT 24.1 (2002): 33–57.
Any suggestions?
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Formatting Text in Fields

Post by Jon »

I'm not seeing that. It may be a damaged font. Change your reference font and bibliography font in preferences and see if this still happens. And don't look at just the formatted reference, look at the reference edit pane. Does the italic stick *there*. If not the problem is likely your reference font.

Jon
Sonny Software
Adrian Petre

Post by Adrian Petre »

Thank you for your quick reply. I have tried several fonts. It didn't work. Then I changed the settings of my Mac from Dark Mode to Light Mode. Now the italics remain, both in the reference edit pane and in the formatted reference. So, for now, I will stick with the Light Mode of my Mac mini until this will be solved.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I see no problem in dark mode. Please download 13.4 again to make sure you're using the latest build of it.

Jon
Sonny Software