Deleting unwanted author names in Bookends on my iPad

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
rickl

Deleting unwanted author names in Bookends on my iPad

Post by rickl »

I frequently find multiple versions of author names, so I periodically use Term Lists to merge authors and clean up my databases. This works fine on the Mac, but the author names removed on the Mac never disappear from Bookends on the iPad, even after multiple syncs. So, for example, I have an author called Lai, Chun associated with 2 references. In addition, on the iPad (but not on the Mac) I have LAI, CHUN associated with no references. As another example, on the Mac I have Lantolf, James P. associated with 43 references. On the iPad, additionally, I have Lantolf, James P and Lantolf, J with no references. Bizarrely, I also have Lantolf, Jim with one reference associated (the same as one of the references in Lantolf, James P.), even though the name is written only as Lantolf, James P. in the Author field.

This isn't a massive problem, but I would like to get the database on the iPad completely aligned with that on the Mac. Would deleting the database from the iPad and then syncing it from scratch do the trick, and is that easy to do?
Serge

Re: Deleting unwanted author names in Bookends on my iPad

Post by Serge »

It was a problem in Bookends for iOS only with authors and keywords not associated with any references. As these objects are temporary they will be deleted automatically with the next version of Bookends for iOS.
rickl

Re: Deleting unwanted author names in Bookends on my iPad

Post by rickl »

Sounds great. Thank you.