Further questions on Bookends-Tinderbox link

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
roger

Further questions on Bookends-Tinderbox link

Post by roger »

The Cmd-Opt drag into Tinderbox is useful but I have two problems with it.

(1) Sometimes when I hold Cmd-Opt and click down on the highlighted reference, other windows, including Tinderbox, immediately get minimized. Sometimes they do not. I guess there is a conflict over key assignments but I have no idea how to diagnose the problem. The workaround of course is to go via the menu, as you have explained before.

(2) Should it be possible to use either of these methods to drop in several references simultaneously? For me either method works for a single reference, but if I have more than one reference selected, nothing happens when I try to Cmd-Opt drag and drop. Yet it appears other people can move multiple references this way. Is this a Bookends or a Tinderbox issue.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Further questions on Bookends-Tinderbox link

Post by Jon »

The first problem is probably a conflict on your system, but I can't help with that.

The second may also be something like that -- I actually tried what you're doing, click-dragging 4 hypertext links from the Bookends library window to Tinderbox and it worked as expected. The clipboard option won't help here -- it can only contain one link (a macOS limitation, not Bookends).

Jon
Sonny Software