Change of Citation Now Not Scanning Correctly

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
awallace

Change of Citation Now Not Scanning Correctly

Post by awallace »

Hello,

I've been using Bookends for a few years with no problems, but I've changed university and now I'm being asked to submit my work using the MHRA.

When I select MHRA and scan my document in Word (v16.37 Mac) the footnote changes from {Slocombe, 2000, #76652@p.109} to (Slocombe, 2000p.109) so I'm not getting the full citation.

I can copy and paste a MHRA citation from Bookends and it is formatted correctly, it’s just the scan isn’t working.

What have I missed? I’m sure it’s something obvious.

Many thanks,
Angus
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Change of Citation Now Not Scanning Correctly

Post by Jon »

I'm not sure what you think is wrong, but what I see is that you're not using cited pages properly. Don't include the p., that should be provided by the format you are using. The temp cite should be

{Slocombe, 2000, #76652@109}

Jon
Sonny Software
awallace

Post by awallace »

Jon,

When I use my old citation format I get this.

When I used MHRA I get this:

It doesn't matter if I have the page reference. In fact if I removed the reference I'm still not getting the MHRA format citation in the footer.

Does that make sense?

Angus
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

It's a different format so of course the output is different. The MHRA format we ship uses Author-Date citations, which is what you see. There is a different MHRA style for footnotes, which we don't have. I can work on one, but if you are in a hurry you can create it yourself in Formats Manager.

Jon
Sonny Software
awallace

Post by awallace »

Ah that explains it! Thanks... I may have a fiddle and see if I can draw one up.

Keep up the good work,
Angus
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I've made a draft of an MHRA (Footnotes) format. If you would like it, please write to support@sonnysoftware.com

Jon
Sonny Software