14.4.2 and iCloud PDFs

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
danzac

14.4.2 and iCloud PDFs

Post by danzac »

I'm not sure if I'm understanding this part of the update notes:
Bookends will force PDFs in the iCloud Drive folder to appear on the hard drive if you have Optimize Mac Storage
Does this mean that Bookends will force all of the PDFs in the Bookends iCloud folder?
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~
Jon
Site Admin

Re: 14.4.2 and iCloud PDFs

Post by Jon »

If you have the default attachment folder set to the Bookends iOS sync folder, Bookends will make sure that any PDFs in that folder are available on the local drive (i.e. download them if they are stored only in the cloud). No other contents of iCloud Drive will be affected.

Jon
Sonny Software
danzac

Post by danzac »

Okay – then I'll just register my complaint with this feature here. I don't want my gigs of PDFs on every Mac I use, as they all have varying HD space. It is the reason I choose to optimize Mac storage in the iCloud prefs in the first place. And if a PDF isn't showing in Bookends, I just use "reveal in Finder" and then double-click to download.

Is there a way to make this feature a preference option?
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Most people don't even know that their PDFs are in the cloud -- they just write in a panic that Bookends deleted their PDFs.

We'll consider a preference option.

Jon
Sonny Software