Potential improvements

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Potential improvements

Post by Jon »

In the bottom display pane. The pane can be made as tall and as wide as you like by dragging the various panes to the right/left/top/bottom. I don't know how large your screen is, but in a 27" iMac I can easily have an entire PDF page shown at a magnification I can read. If you can't figure out how to do that, write to support@sonnysoftware.com and I'll show you.

Jon
Sonny Software
bilbomacuser

Post by bilbomacuser »

Thanks. I just had another play around to see if I could find a layout I like. I've found a solution that's *almost* perfect! I went into Preferences and in Lists set Double Click to Open edit pane/window (as you suggested), and then under Refs set Editing Preferences in Standalone Window. I then moved this into a new space, and made it full screen. I set it to Automatically Resize, and Two Pages. Then I can two finger swipe left and right on the Magic Mouse to switch between the 'Library' view and the 'Reading' view.

The only issue I'm finding is that when I want to 'read' the next paper it takes me back to the Main section, so I have to click Attachments, then right click Two Pages, then right click Automatically Resize. Is there a way to set these as default without having to reset them every time? Can I have it so that double clicking on a reference automatically takes me to the Attachments section of the Edit Reference pane rather than the Main section?

I'm using a 27" iMac but I do like to have 2 page view filling the screen!
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

You can use Command-# to switch between the tabs in the standalone edit window.

Use the Bookends PDF action popup to set your resizing preferences, the stick. The right-click settings in the PDF belong to the OS, not Bookends, and Bookends doesn't register them.

Since the 2 page view is horizontal, not vertical, that works well in the lower display pane, too.

Finally, wait for the next update, you may want to alter your workflow (or not).

Jon
Sonny Software