Keyboard shortcuts for All and Hits list

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
taja

Keyboard shortcuts for All and Hits list

Post by taja »

A recent version of Bookends removed menu items to switch to the 'All' and 'Hits' groups. This is a shame in my view, because once given keyboard shortcuts (via MacOS system preferences) these allowed for efficient keyboard navigation of the UI. Combined with 'find-as-you-type' in the references list and the keyboard shortcut for 'mark selected reference' (in the Refs menu), one could switch to bookends, mark references as hits, look at the hits list and switch back to the main reference list all without using the mouse.

I asked Jon about this, and he said the main reason for removing these items was to declutter the menus, something which most users I think would agree is necessary. However he is potentially willing to (re)add menu items to access the 'All' and Hits list groups, to the bottom of the Refs menu (maybe with keyboard shortcuts). So if you're an avid keyboard shortcut-user and would find this helpful, please say so below.
dgbeecher

Re: Keyboard shortcuts for All and Hits list

Post by dgbeecher »

I too am (or was) a fan of these shortcuts :)