Bookends notecard vs PDF note

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Demogorgon

Bookends notecard vs PDF note

Post by Demogorgon »

Could someone please explain the advantage and disadvantages of each?

People have already mentioned that "PDF notes can contain multiple paragraphs while Bookends notecards cannot." I have solved that problem by using <p> instead of newline to make multi-paragraph Bookends notecards.

Thanks in advance.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Bookends notecard vs PDF note

Post by Jon »

Bookends notes reside in the database.

PDF notes reside in the PDF.

That's the difference, and the implications thereof (for searching, formatting, emailing, etc).

Jon
Sonny Software
tappazee

Post by tappazee »

Demogorgon wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:48 am
I have solved that problem by using <p> instead of newline to make multi-paragraph Bookends notecards.
Hello can you show me how you do this please? I've tried to use combinations of <p> and </p> but haven't been able to create multi paragraph notecards. Thanks.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

The break between notecards occurs when there are 2 returns in a row. If you want to have multiple empty lines in a notecard, precede the return with a space. E.g.,

text
<space> return
<space> return
more text

Jon
Sonny Software
tappazee

Post by tappazee »

Jon wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:20 am The break between notecards occurs when there are 2 returns in a row. If you want to have multiple empty lines in a notecard, precede the return with a space.
Aha - thank you very much Jon