Problems after Bookends Update

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
PDR

Problems after Bookends Update

Post by PDR »

Hi,

first of all thanks for this piece of software, which i currently use for my dissertation thesis.

I recently updated to Bookends Version 13.4.4. As of then, i have two issues:

Bookends Sync

Sync does not seem to work anymore. I get the following message all the time:

"Cloud Sync: BAD_Request. Record updated multiple times in one batch".

Loss of Book Chapter Links?

I use parent-child virtual references to cite from law commentaries. Since the update, i am concerned as regards the integrity of my library. Some citations just do not work any more and leave blank spaces in Mellel ([ ]). I set up the following citation format:

a, $in:$ [a, s,] t (v$.$ $EL.$ d) $Rn. $

which is supposed to generate the following output (as an example):

Bethge, in: Maunz/Schmidt-Bleibtreu/Klein/Betghe, BVerfGG, § 64 (39. EL. 2012) Rn. 

(minor issue: in the child data, i have to delete the authors first name manually (surname only does not work?) - any clue to this?)

For some references, the citation still works. However, i have a lot of children entries for one commentary ("BK") which raises the following issues:
- If i open the inspector, i see that the linking is gone
- if i try to set up the link to the parent again, the linked reference stays blank.
- if i use the reference in mellel, i get the following (strange) output: "Kokott, in: BK, GG,BK, GG," which duplicates information and leaves others away.

This is especially strange, because the same reference/citation format and same categories (book: "Kommentar Loseblatt", chapter: "Kommentierung") applies as for the references, that still work. I already tried to just set up a new book reference. However, the problem remains.

I'd be really glad if you could help. I attach screenshots of the parent book and a children example. Please let me know, if you need more information.

Jon
Site Admin

Re: Problems after Bookends Update

Post by Jon »

Please write to support@sonnysoftware.com and we'll try to help.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2038

Jon
Sonny Software