Autofill from the internet keeping html italic tag

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
sara.abreu

Autofill from the internet keeping html italic tag

Post by sara.abreu »

I'm bulk downloading references + respective files from the BioOne website. For some reason the references are incomplete (no authors, and journal name stays long, even though I chose in the settings to always show short name). Thought I'd solve this by bulk autofilling from the internet, but noticed that the italic words in the title now have the html tag in the title. I haven't seen this before, is it a problem for when I insert the references in a word file? If it is, is there a way to bulk remove the code? Or is there a way to fix the original import from BioOne?

Screenshot: https://ibb.co/s50hw6g

Thanks for your help,
Sara
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Autofill from the internet keeping html italic tag

Post by Jon »

The screenshot link doesn't work.

Autofill doesn't use BioOne. It's using PubMed. Supply a PMID from your library where autofill isn't working as you want.

Also, Bookends imports the journal name, long or short, whatever is offered. The final output in a bibliography is determined by the journal glossary you use (assuming you use one).

Jon
Sonny Software
sara.abreu

Post by sara.abreu »

Sorry, not sure why the screenshot it isn't working.

PMID: 31120657 or 31120677

Basically it outputs italics in the desktop app's table like this: "<i>MYCOBACTERIUM BOVIS</I>". Just wanted to check if it's an error, or if it will still process bibliographies with no problems.

And I understand better about the journal name now, thanks.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

In the next update Bookends will remove HTML tags for italics in titles downloaded from PubMed by Autofill.

For references you've already imported, you can use Global Change Find/Replace.

Jon
Sonny Software
sara.abreu

Post by sara.abreu »

This is great, thank you! I noticed that these files were not being synced to my onedrive, where I keep all attachments, as it did not allow for <> characters in the file name, so for now I'm just removing them like you suggested.