How to see my groups on the Find window

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
sara.abreu

How to see my groups on the Find window

Post by sara.abreu »

Hello,

I have a lot of smart groups already made. When I create a new smart group he takes me to the Find window, but in the last filter option "and is/is not in Group", there are no groups listed, and no options for me to edit/add any words.

How do I make my smart groups appear in there, so i can also filter by them?

Thank you!
Sara
Jon
Site Admin

Re: How to see my groups on the Find window

Post by Jon »

You can't. This is for static groups only.

Jon
Sonny Software
sara.abreu

Post by sara.abreu »

Would it be possible to change this feature and make it also apply to smart groups? Or is there an obvious reason I'm missing why this wouldn't make sense?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Possible, yes, easy, no. And you can do this now with virtual groups. Select this smart search and the smart group you want at the same time. Both searches will be performed and you can see the sum or the difference (AND/OR, whichever you have selected for dealing with multiple selections).

Jon
Sonny Software
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Another tip -- you can make a smart folder that contains your smart search and the smart group(s) you want combined with it. Selecting the smart folder will perform the search you want (you could also use a dumb folder and put the 2 smart searches in it, it's a matter of taste how you do this).

Jon
Sonny Software