[Feature Request] Auto-sync to a BibTeX File

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: [Feature Request] Auto-sync to a BibTeX File

Post by Jon »

That's a feature, not a bug.

If you don't what styled text pasted into your fields, set Command-V to Paste And Match Style in preferences (which should be the default).

Jon
Sonny Software
lyndondrake

Re: [Feature Request] Auto-sync to a BibTeX File

Post by lyndondrake »

I'm so happy to see this feature. I really appreciate you adding it @Jon.

Gamechanger for me in terms of (finally) dropping Zotero and being back into Bookends. I have a similar workflow to @iandol and hence the ability to have references turn up in my .bib file without having to do a manual step or a group

Just to add to how this helps: if using Scrivener, it's possible to point Marked 2 at your Scrivener file and get a preview rendered 'live'. With this feature in Bookends, I can tell Marked to use pandoc as the backend renderer, using the .bib file, and get citation rendering previewed too. This saves a lot of time with the eventual conversion to LaTeX and the render of my whole thesis. (The only thing which would make this even better is a similar auto-export to a CSL file but that's actually easy to script using Hazel and pandoc to convert the .bib file to a CSL file.)