'Send feedback' menu item?

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
taja

'Send feedback' menu item?

Post by taja »

I have a very minor feature request. Could the 'Help' menu in Bookends have an explicit 'Send Feedback' entry that leads to the support page (https://www.sonnysoftware.com/support/support.php) with the feedback form, perhaps prefilling some fields (e.g. name, Bookends version) on the way? Or it could open a template in one's chosen mail client with Bookends version pre-added (as say, Launchbar's 'contact us' form does), if that's possible?

I know one can already go to the Help menu, click 'Visit Sonny Software', then go to the 'support' page but even as a longtime user I regularly forget I can do this, and end up going through a few more steps, usually involving my mail client. Which also deters or delays me reporting things - or asking ignorant questions of course. Do people think this would be useful?

Jon, I know there is a reasonable grounds for rejecting this on the basis that Bookends' menus are already quite busy, and that it might encourage more queries for you that users could solve themselves. but I don't think the Help menu is too crowded, quite a few other apps have such a feature, and I also think that with such a complex and regularly-updated (and excellent) piece of software, there are frequently small issues that crop up for which a speedier way of reporting might be useful.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: 'Send feedback' menu item?

Post by Jon »

Good idea, I've added it for the next update. It will create an email to support@sonnysoftware.com in your default email client.

Jon
Sonny Software
taja

Re: 'Send feedback' menu item?

Post by taja »

Great! Thanks Jon.