Big Sur, Multiple Display and Bookends

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
jdevos

Big Sur, Multiple Display and Bookends

Post by jdevos »

I'm using a large Iiyama screen with a MacBook Pro, and since I switched to Big Sur, the bookends windows disappears when I plug the Iiyama monitor off and then in again: I can see it among all my windows when using mission control, but it never appears on the monitor when I select it, nor on the MacBook. I have to close Bookends and open it up again. For other applications there is a similar issue, but I can make them come back by selecting 'Windows' and then 'displace to Iiyama'. The only option that I see in Bookends is 'reset windows' but this does not work on Big Sur.
Thank you for your help.
John
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Big Sur, Multiple Display and Bookends

Post by Jon »

Sorry, I have no idea. Maybe someone else with a similar setup may have a suggestion.

Jon
Sonny Software
jdevos

Post by jdevos »

Thanks. I hope some future update of Big Sur will resolve that.
Best
nh220

Post by nh220 »

FWIW I am using Big Sur with a dual display setup (a pretty run-of-the-mill Samsung though, not Iyama, though I would not imagine that this makes a difference) and it works flawless with Bookends. I tried unplugging it (both power and DP) and everything resumed as it should.

Zotero, in contrast, is not working properly with dual display (]https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/83 ... patibility) so maybe there is a clue there as to what's going on.