New problem with Nisus Writer Pro

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
swilcox

New problem with Nisus Writer Pro

Post by swilcox »

I am having a new problem with Nisus Writer Pro and Bookends. It's somewhat complicated, but I can describe a simple version that, if resolved, will probably also fix the complicated version. I am working on a new M1 Mac mini, with current versions of NWP (Universal) and Bookends.

If I open a new NWP document, insert a citation (using Cmd-Y, these commands, such as inserting a reference, activating Bookends, or finding a reference work fine when initiated from NPW, so that communication link seems unproblematic), and then scan the document, I get two dialogs: the first says something like "Preparing .." I believe, but it flashes by too quickly for me to read. The second dialog says "Processing in Bookends ..." and then hangs. I never get the dialog from Bookends to confirm the bibliographic style, etc. I can cancel this dialog, but of course the scan never completes.

I also own Microsoft Word and Mellel. I am having no problems between these apps and Bookends. Word is the latest, Universal version. Mellel is, I believe, still an Intel app running in Rosetta 2.

I have reported this on the Nisus forum as well.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: New problem with Nisus Writer Pro

Post by Jon »

This forum is not the place to report what you think are bugs. That's what tech support is for.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2038

You should do more testing (e.g. reboot your Mac, try another new NWP document with different citations, etc.) and if you still have issues contact tech support with your information.

Jon
Sonny Software
swilcox

Re: New problem with Nisus Writer Pro

Post by swilcox »

Sorry... I'll contact tech support.

--
Sherman