Issue with Exporting Refs - Grayed Out

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
ctg7w6

Issue with Exporting Refs - Grayed Out

Post by ctg7w6 »

Hello

I am trying to export some references (XML or other format), but the issue is, no matter what references (or just one reference) I select, the File > Export References (Hits) is grayed out.

I can export attachments just fine, but I cannot figure out how to do the entire reference.

Any help would be appreciated.

This is version 13.5 by the way.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Issue with Exporting Refs - Grayed Out

Post by Jon »

It's not the selected references that are exported, it's the marked (checked) references, which are Hits.

Jon
Sonny Software
ctg7w6

Post by ctg7w6 »

Wow, duh, thank you for this --- I don't even notice the little checkbox anymore because I don't really use it for anything, haha!
ctg7w6

Post by ctg7w6 »

Quick question... When I export with XML and attachments, and send it to someone, they can open it in Zotero, but the only references that automatically attach PDFs are those with only one attachment.

I looked at the XML.... for anything with multiple attachments, it exports with a semi-colon (;) between each file path. I am assuming Zotero needs to have each one broken down with its own tag because it is thinking the entire file name is the paths to all of the files.

Is there any way to make it export in XML with separate tags for each "url" for the file path instead of a semi-colon?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

This was designed a long time ago and is based on the EndNote schema. I'm pretty busy right now and can't check, but how does EndNote output the XML?

Jon
Sonny Software