Notecard link

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Bernardo

Notecard link

Post by Bernardo »

Hello,

As far as I know, the option to Copy Notecard as Hypertext Link does nothing different than if I were to click on the reference directly and select Copy Hypertext Link. If I am mistaken, please correct me.

I would suggest a new feature that would enable links directly to notecards. If you are familiar with Zotero, they have implemented some interesting functions in this regard: one can link annotations using direct links and/or tags. Once a direct link is in place, a backlink is automatically created. It seems to me that Bookends already has everything in place, with the exception that one cannot link directly to notecards.

Regards,
Bernardo
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Notecard link

Post by Jon »

I'll add it to the requested features list.

Jon
Sonny Software
Bernardo

Post by Bernardo »

Thanks.
aroddick

Post by aroddick »

+1 - this would be great!
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Notecards are dynamically created from the contents of the notes field. They aren't objects and they have no identifying information. They're a convenience for dealing with the notes. I can't think of a way of linking to them. I probably should remove the "create hypertext link" from the notecard right click.

Jon
Sonny Software
Ken

Post by Ken »

How about links to PDF notes, would that be possible?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

That feature is already is there. Click on a PDF note (or highlight) showing in the note stream and Bookends will take you to it.

Jon
Sonny Software