Detaching Attachments such as Epub

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
ctg7w6

Detaching Attachments such as Epub

Post by ctg7w6 »

Hello!

I know how to detach a PDF file. But I attached an epub file to a reference and now I want to detach it after I later converted it to PDF.

Yet, when I search for the menu to detach, it does not exist like it does for PDFs. By this, I mean when you go to the pane on the furthest right you can click on the gear icon and there is "Detach." When there is an epub file there is no gear icon and it just says it can't display the contents of the file.

Now, there is also the preview pane that you can have on the bottom part of the screen. It also has a gear icon to do things with attachments, but Detach is not an option for any kind of file.

So is there a way to detach files that aren't really supported by Bookends or do I simply need to make a new reference when I want to attach the PDF version?
ctg7w6

Re: Detaching Attachments such as Epub

Post by ctg7w6 »

Nevermind! Just figured it out. For anyone trying to do such a thing:

There is something called the Attachment Inspector. It is not the pane below or to the right where attachments can be previewed. Instead, you click "Inspector" (it has a little icon of an italic "i".)

This will pop up a window with a list of all the attachments.

Simply right click on the file you don't want and then there will be a detach option.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Detaching Attachments such as Epub

Post by Jon »

Yes, you found it.

Pressing the Delete key in the Attachment Inspector also works.

Jon
Sonny Software