apply a keyword to multiple selected (or marked) items

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
johnlaudun

apply a keyword to multiple selected (or marked) items

Post by johnlaudun »

I'm at the end of a particular project, and so it's time to disperse a group, making space available for new projects. I would like, however, to have a "memory" of what was in that group by adding a common tag to all the items in that group. I cannot figure out how to do that from within the Bookends interface, and I haven't been able to find a solution in the forums. (Is it time to figure out an Automator workflow? Shudders.
iandol

Re: apply a keyword to multiple selected (or marked) items

Post by iandol »

Open Window > Term Lists > Keywords (you can search/filter the list) and drag-n-drop the keyword to the selected refs. I don't know how to do that for hits, other than go to hits folder and select-all then drag-n-drop...

It shouldn't be too difficult to make an applescript to take the current selection or hits and add a keyword, using something like Alfred you could make it into a GUI, but the term-list is already pretty functional...
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I like landol's solution best, it's what I would use. But for completeness, there are alternatives. For example, Global Change -> Put term -> after -> field Keywords -> for each selected reference (or references in the Hits List).

Jon
Sonny Software
johnlaudun

Post by johnlaudun »

iandol wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:09 am Open Window > Term Lists > Keywords (you can search/filter the list) and drag-n-drop the keyword to the selected refs. I don't know how to do that for hits, other than go to hits folder and select-all then drag-n-drop...

It shouldn't be too difficult to make an applescript to take the current selection or hits and add a keyword, using something like Alfred you could make it into a GUI, but the term-list is already pretty functional...
That's brilliant, and only proves to me how little I know about the software I use.