Keywords syncing between different Macs

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Wagenmann

Keywords syncing between different Macs

Post by Wagenmann »

One of the reasons I returned to Bookends (after experimenting with Papers App) was that I discovered that I could use keywords as "tags" to allow me to better select multiple references into specific groups for preparing lectures or publications.
But somehow these keywords don't sync between my different Macs (syncing via iCloud - which generally works smoothly). This is extremely frustrating. Is there any way to accomplish this? I Have put a lot of time and effort into sorting, grouping and "tagging" (applying keywords) to my more than 6500 references but I need this to work on all my machines (at least MacOS).
The main reason for my use of keywords is the strange way the groups work. If I set up subgroups I would want all entries in all subgroups visible if I choose the "main" group. But that doesn't work...
Any ideas or suggestions?
Martin
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Keywords syncing between different Macs

Post by Jon »

You mean words in the Keywords field? That's just like any other field. Do other fields also not sync (e.g. authors, title, etc.)?

As for the that groups work... I'm assuming by subgroups you mean you have them in the same folder. How they work is configurable by you. You can AND or OR the groups in the folder using the Multiple Selections menu in the Action menu underneath the groups pane or by right-clicking on the groups pane.

Jon
Sonny Software
Wagenmann

Re: Keywords syncing between different Macs

Post by Wagenmann »

Jon wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:08 pm "You mean words in the Keywords field? That's just like any other field. Do other fields also not sync (e.g. authors, title, etc.)?"

Yes, indeed. But I just realized my mistake: I looked in the terms list - but when I went to "update fields" it updated (...) and alas the synced keywords did appear. Sorry for that!

"As for the that groups work... I'm assuming by subgroups you mean you have them in the same folder. How they work is configurable by you. You can AND or OR the groups in the folder using the Multiple Selections menu in the Action menu underneath the groups pane or by right-clicking on the groups pane."

Great! I wasn't aware of that option before. That indeed helps a lot!!

Thank you very much for your extremely fast help (on a Saturday evening)!!
Best regards!
Martin