Shortcut request: Make Comment & Make Note for PDF

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
MoMo

Shortcut request: Make Comment & Make Note for PDF

Post by MoMo »

In the PDF window in BE, there's now many shortcuts for when we select some text.
Could we also have shortcuts for 'Make Comment' and 'Make Note' ? I've been previously just using the Notestream and create a note there, but I like that by using the 'Make Comment' and 'Make Note' functions those notes are located exactly where I want them to in the PDF (and therefore the notecard is linked to that location).

Many thanks!
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Shortcut request: Make Comment & Make Note for PDF

Post by Jon »

Why bother, you still have to take your hands off the keyboard and use the the mouse to click where you want the note? And we're running short on keyboard shortcut combinations.

Jon
Sonny Software
MoMo

Post by MoMo »

ah okay. I usually use the mouse pad, so it's very much in my overall workflow. but I understand that shortcut combo is quite limited.
I guess we also can't map our own shortcuts? (like through System Preferences?).
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

No you can't, because they aren't system menus (i.e. in the menu bar). In this popup menu they are simply keyboard combinations that Bookends traps for..

Jon
Sonny Software