Feature Request- Lock option for static groups

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
ReferenceNewbie

Feature Request- Lock option for static groups

Post by ReferenceNewbie »

Something that would be very helpful for me would be the ability to lock certain static groups after I have finished curating/editing them. This would prevent any additional entries from being added to the lock group (in case I accidentally drag and drop into the wrong group by mistake) but wouldn't necessarily prevent entries in the group from being edited.

Again, thank you for this excellent product. I hope Jon is having a good weekend.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request- Lock option for static groups

Post by Jon »

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll add it to the requested features list. I wonder how many people would find this useful, though.

Jon
Sonny Software
ReferenceNewbie

Devonthink (which is similar but of course not at all identical to your product) has a feature whereby someone can lock any item or group to prevent it from accidentally being edited or changed. I make pretty regular use of it there.

Also,

I just seem to have noticed that if you make a global reference type change and then try to do a global field change for those references that it will not recognize that the fields should be different (switches to the labels for the new reference type), this seems to persist even when I restart the library.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I'm not sure what you mean, but it doesn't belong in this thread.

Please contact tech support directly (support@sonnysoftware.com) and send screen snaps illustrating the problem

Jon
Sonny Software
ReferenceNewbie

Bug report with screencaps emailed. Thanks.
Philologist

Post by Philologist »

ReferenceNewbie wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:25 pm the ability to lock certain static groups after I have finished curating/editing them. This would prevent any additional entries from being added to the lock group (in case I accidentally drag and drop into the wrong group by mistake) […]
Jon wrote:
I'll add it to the requested features list. I wonder how many people would find this useful, though.
I support the request. I would find such a feature useful, especially for "archiving" references from old projects and from material I have already published. This would also prevent me from using the same references over and over again. :–)
DrJJWMac

Post by DrJJWMac »

I would also find use in having the ability to lock a group.
--
JJW