Notes and custom fields from EndNote?

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Lars Frich

Notes and custom fields from EndNote?

Post by Lars Frich »

Hi,

I am considering migration from EndNote. I have added notes to the Notes field as well as information in three user defined fields in EndNote. However, when importing references into Bookends this information is not available.

Is it possible to import references containing these fields?

Yours,

Lars Frich
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi Lars,

You can import anything into Bookends that you can export from EndNote. This may mean tweaking the EndNote output style (Refer) to include the information you want (e.g. the record number) preceded by a tag.

In your case, I imagine that the information is being output already (because you are using regular EndNote fields). I don't know why your Notes aren't being imported into the Bookends Notes field, unless the output style varies from the stock Refer style that ships with EndNote.

In any case, open the EndNote output and see what tags are used (a tag in this case will be a % symbol followed by a letter or number). Then in the Bookends EndNote (Refer) import filter, assign those tags to the field you want to import into.

You can contact me directly (suppport@sonnysoftware.com) if you have any problems doing this.

Jon
Sonny Software