Searching for references without attachments

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
brandigt

Searching for references without attachments

Post by brandigt »

I tried to search whether anyone has asked this before, but the search feature didn't like my terms.

I have a about 10% of my library that does not have an attachment. I would like to search for the pdf's for those references. I was thinking I would create a smart group for the references that don't have attachments, but I cannot seem to figure out how to do that. Is this something that is possible? And if so, can someone tell me what I am missing. thank you!!!
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Searching for references without attachments

Post by Jon »

It's a canned smart SQL search. Just create a new smart (SQL) search and choose the option "No Attachments".

Jon
Sonny Software
smarcopolo

Post by smarcopolo »

Would it be possible to add a selectable and sortable column for the list of references by ticking "Attachments" in the List page of Bookends Preferences? This would also make it easy to scan a list of reference authors or titles compared to the attachment file names, rather than having to look at them one by one.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I've been meaning to add the ability to view attachment names in the list view. If there was more than one attachment it would only be for the first, of course.

Jon
Sonny Software