Questions concerning PDF Notes

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Ken

Questions concerning PDF Notes

Post by Ken »

Hi, I find myself using PDF notes in the note stream more and more. I have two questions/requests for functions that would improve this part of Bookends:
1) To navigate in notes for longer texts I manually copy the titles and place a # before them to highlight them. This is, however, far from ideal and takes a lot of time. Did anyone find better solutions? Jon: Would it be possible somehow to integrate the Table of Contents in the PDF notes view?
2) When copying the notes the # Title is not included. Did I miss a setting, is it a bug? I often copy the notes to markdown editors and it is very annoying that the headings are not included.

Thanks in advance for any help and answers,

Ken
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Questions concerning PDF Notes

Post by Jon »

1. You can select the text you want in the notecard and then -> Make Bookends Notecard From selection. You would still have to double click to open the note and add a # if you wanted that.

2. This is by design, the notion being that most people would want their commentary, not the descriptive title. But if you want it, and the markup, double click on the notecard, press Command-A and Command-C, and your title and notes are copied.

Jon
Sonny Software
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Ken wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:06 am 1) To navigate in notes for longer texts I manually copy the titles and place a # before them to highlight them. This is, however, far from ideal and takes a lot of time. Did anyone find better solutions? Jon: Would it be possible somehow to integrate the Table of Contents in the PDF notes view?
In the next update you'll be able use a right-click to create a new notecard with a title taken from the TOC.

Jon
Sonny Software
Ken

Post by Ken »

Thanks, Jon! Much appreciated. Please ascribe a shortcut to it. I miss that for 'Make Note' in the pdf menu now.
Cheers,
Ken