Bookends to Roam format...

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Dan O'Leary

Bookends to Roam format...

Post by Dan O'Leary »

Hello, all. I'm a happy new convert from the Z product. In appreciation for Jon's incredible support I wanted to share the formatter I've put together. I use Roam Research for note-taking and created this to replace a Z-importer extension I've been using.

Just download the attached ZIP file, uncompress it, and drag the fmt file to your custom formats folder. Then use whatever method you prefer to generate a plain text bibliography for a selected reference and paste the result into Roam to get something like what you see below. All the wiki and web links are created automagically thanks to the wonder of markdown. The Bookends link will take you to the reference in your library. The URL link will be created as either DOI (if present in the ref) or Web Page (if a URL is present but no DOI).

The formatter includes support for Journal articles, Conference proceedings, Newspaper articles, and Books. Consider it a starting point. I've already found it incredibly useful.

Dan

Attachments
Roam.fmt.zip
(2.01 KiB) Downloaded 321 times