Stop Bookends reorganising my library

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
ZC1ifi

Stop Bookends reorganising my library

Post by ZC1ifi »

Hi,

I recently had to install Bookends on a new computer and that is when I (re-)discovered how frustrating and chaotic the "Preferences" panel is, since I was trying to recreate the settings I had before. One that I haven't managed to set right yet is how to stop Bookends from trying to reorganise my library by copying files to its own folder. I am sure it must be in the manual somewhere but I didn't find it. Can anyone help out?

PS. It would be great if one could migrate Preferences
PSS. It would even be better if the Preferences setup would be redesigned. As it stands there isn't even a tab devoted to attachments and the General tab has various settings for attachment but nothing about how to stop the program copying attachments to its own folder, or am I missing something really obvious?
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Stop Bookends reorganising my library

Post by Jon »

There is no preference for copying an attachment to it's own folder. When you attach a PDF a dialog offers the possibility to Move or Copy the attachment to the Bookends folder. UNCHECK that option and Bookends will leave the attachment where it is.

And some global Preferences do sync (if you're using Bookends cloud sync, of course). The ones that do are listed in the User Guide.

Jon
Sonny Software