Color label scroll-bar gone from right pane

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
enrico.scarpella

Color label scroll-bar gone from right pane

Post by enrico.scarpella »

Dear Bookends Users,

I opened Bookends today and found that the scroll-down bar in the right pane with which I could change or assign color labels is no longer there (see attached screenshot; the scroll-down bar should be where the red arrow is pointing to). References still have labels, which show up as colored backgrounds and which my Smart Groups recognize. And I can still change or add labels by right-clicking on the references, but the color label scroll-bar is gone from right pane. Has anyone ever experienced this and knows how to bring back the color label scroll-down bar in the right pane? Thank you for your consideration.

Best regards,
Enrico
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 1.58.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 1.58.43 PM.png (104.57 KiB) Viewed 1946 times
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Color label scroll-bar gone from right pane

Post by Jon »

It's there, you've made the edit pane too narrow to display all of its contents. Make it wider (drag to the left) and you'll see the color label control again.

Jon
Sonny Software
enrico.scarpella

Re: Color label scroll-bar gone from right pane

Post by enrico.scarpella »

Thank you very much for the prompt and helpful reply, Jon: you were right: as soon as I widened the pane, the color label scroll-bar came back. I did not even think about that possibility because I never realized you could change the width of the different panes / fields of view — I must have accidentally narrowed the right pane without realizing it. In any case, now I know I can change the width of the different panes / fields of view and what happens when I do, so thank you very much again!

Best regards,
Enrico