Conditional statements in BibTeX format?!

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
kourosh

Conditional statements in BibTeX format?!

Post by kourosh »

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any functionality in Bookends to have conditional statements in BibTeX format. Below is my use case,
For my CV, resume, etc. when listing my publications, I want to highlight my name. I can do this by adding

Code: Select all

author+an = {1=highlight}(number 1 here is the order of my name in the list of authors)
in the BibTeX of that particular reference. I was wondering if somehow I can automate this in Bookends. So whenever there is my name in the list of authors it add that field in the generated BibTeX file.
Thanks
Kourosh
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Conditional statements in BibTeX format?!

Post by Jon »

No. Bookends conditional formatting can change the output depending upon whether a field has content or not (is empty), but it can't do that based upon the nature of the content. That's the kind of complicated logic that you could conceivably perform on the bibliography, once it's generated, using a programming or scripting language.

Jon
Sonny Software
kourosh

Post by kourosh »

Got you, thanks Jon.

Kourosh
mk7

Post by mk7 »

Bookends conditional formatting can change the output depending upon whether a field has content or not (is empty
Hi Jon, jumping in here to ask how do I do this? i.e. I want to export a bibliography file using the bibtex format but only export fields which have content, not every field that's listed?

Thanks!
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

The currently shipping BibTeX format does this already. If you're using a modified version you might want to move it out of the Custom Formats folder and use the default one we ship.
Jon
Sonny Software