how to remove period at end of article title

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
midas

how to remove period at end of article title

Post by midas »

At the end of title, a period is automatically placed.How do I define the format to remove the period?

My current format:

Code: Select all

a d t (u1)
This appears as:
Last - First 1984 The title of article. (Last1984)
Note the period after "article". I'd like it to appear as:
Last - First 1984 The title of article (Last1984)
Jon
Site Admin

Re: how to remove period at end of article title

Post by Jon »

I'm guessing the title was entered in the database with a period at the end. Remove it and let the format deal with adding periods if you want to do that.

Jon
Sonny Software
midas

Post by midas »

Thanks, Jon. This is indeed the problem. The question now becomes how to remove periods at the end of text in the Title field.

I see under Global Change > Search and Replace. Can I use regex in this? If not, is the best option to write (or look for) an AppleScript?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

You can't use RegEx for find/replace. But you can use Global Change -> Search and Replace, searching only the Title field for . (period) and replacing it with nothing. There may be the odd title you have that has a period in the middle somewhere, but they'd be rare. And in those few cases (if any) you could add them back.

If you want to do this on just the references you're citing, you can scan the document first and then do the find/replace on the Hits (which will consist of the references you're citing).

Jon
Sonny Software