Quick Add

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Dellu

Quick Add

Post by Dellu »

The Quick Add command is downloading some png file (cover of the book) which acts as a (false) attachment. I don´t want the book cover. I want to attach a pdf to it latter. If it bears the false attachment, i don't have a way of identifying it to look a pdf to it.

is there any way to stop this?
DrJJWMac

Re: Quick Add

Post by DrJJWMac »

In some situations using the "attach" button icon in the web-view, I get the wrong attachment as a webarchive. In these cases, I generally have to download the PDF article directly, attach it manually, and remove the offending attachment.

The problem could be resolved by having a preference that restricts Quick Add and other Attachment actions to specific document types (e.g. pdf, docx, ...). By example, our LMS system (Canvas) allows instructors to define a set of file extensions that are allowed for students to upload their assignment submissions.
--
JJW
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

The metadata being provided by Google Books. There is no PDF (at least not one Google Bookends points to), but there is a link to the cover art. If you don't want the cover art to be downloaded, open Online Search and select Google Books as the source. Then UNCHECK the Display image checkbox. Now the cover art will not be downloaded.

Jon
Sonny Software
Dellu

Post by Dellu »

Jon wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:36 am open Online Search and select Google Books as the source. Then UNCHECK the Display image checkbox. Now the cover art will not be downloaded.
Thank you