Cannot assign tags to PDF any longer

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
nh220

Cannot assign tags to PDF any longer

Post by nh220 »

I am not sure if this started with 14.0 or earlier, but it seems like I can no longer assign tags to PDFs from within Bookends (using the tag bar above the attachment preview). What more, tags assigned to the PDF outside of Bookends no longer appear in the bar.

I have ensured that Bookends have the requisite file access under Security & Privacy (in case that matters). This is on a Mac running the public beta of Monterey; have not had a chance yet to try on my Mac running non-beta software.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Cannot assign tags to PDF any longer

Post by Jon »

I can't replicate this problem in Big Sur. Maybe someone with Monterey installed can test it.

Jon
Sonny Software
nh220

Post by nh220 »

Update - I tried it again on a different Mac running Big Sur (11.5.2) and it worked fine. So must be something in the Monterey beta I assume.
macgarvin

Post by macgarvin »

I have this problem with macOS Monterey 12.0.1 and Bookends 14.0.1.

I first noticed it when finder tags applied in DevonThink and showing correctly in the Finder disappeared from the tag display in Bookends pdf view.

Upon reading this post, using Bookends 'Add Tag' in the pdf display, I tried adding a finder tag 'test' to a pdf with existing finder tags. Upon hitting return, no tag 'test' showed up in Bookends, but a tag 'test' had displaced all the existing finder tags, when viewed in Finder or DevonThink.

I'll pop this note, and a link to this thread, into support
Malcolm MacGarvin
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

You're right. Something seems to have changed in Monterey, I'll take a look.

Thanks for the report.

Jon
Sonny Software
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

A fix for this Monterey compatibility issue will be included in the next update.

Jon
Sonny Software