Hypertext links not working in reference fields and notes

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
probson

Hypertext links not working in reference fields and notes

Post by probson »

I can't seem to get hypertext links to paste as links in reference fields or the notes tab as per the User Guide p.61. Both Paste and Paste And Match Style seem to paste just as text. I'm new to Bookends with 14.0, but I did do a trial late last year and according to my notes I could get this to work then.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Hypertext links not working in reference fields and notes

Post by Jon »

I'm not sure what you're trying, but I used Edit -> Copy Hypertext Link -> As Link and pasted into a field in the reference edit pane. It was pasted as a live link, and clicking it set the focus of the list to the correct reference.

Paste And Match Style will not work.

You can also hold down Option and Command and drag and drop a reference from the list into a reference field.

Jon
Sonny Software
probson

Post by probson »

Apologies, I wasn't clear. The Edit -> Copy Hypertext Link -> As Link works for me as in your post. I meant that I couldn't paste outside URLs and hyperlinks (such as an Evernote link in this case) into the notes field or references field as a hyperlink. It pastes the text, but it's not hyperlinked. Is this something I should be able to do? I feel like it worked for me with my previous trial of the software, but it was a while ago.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

And they paste into, say, TextEdit? If so, please send a TextEdit document with that link inserted.

Jon
Sonny Software
probson

Post by probson »

So it appears Paste is also acting as Paste and Match Style for me. But if I paste the text and then select it, right-click and select Make Link, it does create a hyperlink and it works when you click on it.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Use the Edit menu for Paste -- the default keyboard shortcut for Command-V is set to Paste and Match Style (but you can change that in preferences).

Jon
Sonny Software