Scan a document popup when inserting citation

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
digitaltheologian

Scan a document popup when inserting citation

Post by digitaltheologian »

My workflow was as follows:
  • Write in Mellel
  • Switch to Bookends and create citation
  • Copy citation
  • Bookends will switch automatically to Mellel
  • Done
Now when I copy the citation from Bookends into Mellel, Bookends will switch to Mellel but there will be a popup window that says "Scan a document" and after you click OK, it returns to Bookends. The citation is there in Mellel but it is now another step that was not there before and you have to manually switch back to Mellel. Anyone else having this issue or have a fix?

Stephen
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Scan a document popup when inserting citation

Post by Jon »

I can't reproduce it (Bookends 14, Mellel 5.0.8). You should ask on the Mellel forum, too.

Jon
Sonny Software
digitaltheologian

I have rebuilt my bibliography, rebuilt my Mellel document, created new for both, and still, this issue persists. I am wondering if the latest security update from Apple is somehow affecting this because that is what has changed since yesterday, hmmm?!? Attached is the popup that occurs every time I add or delete a citation, and after clicking OK, I get sent back to Bookends. It is annoying and time-consuming when you are working on a thesis.

My specs are as follows:
Big Sur 11.6
Bookends 14.0
Mellel 5.0.8r6

FWIW, I have opened a ticket over at Mellel, too. I will post the results on both forums once I have a solution.

Many thanks,
Stephen
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 7.11.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 7.11.24 PM.png (146.86 KiB) Viewed 4168 times
digitaltheologian

UPDATE - if I turn off "Live Update" in the bibliography panel in Mellel the popup goes away until I do a manual scan when I am ready to generate my citations and bibliography. No other solution has presented itself at this time.

Stephen
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I can't reproduce your behavior when Live Bibliography is enabled, either. Let's see if anyone else on this forum or Eyal at Mellel can do so.

Jon
Sonny Software
digitaltheologian

The fix was to turn off Live Bibliography. However, there was also something wrong with the document, according to Mellel, and after creating a new document, the issue went away.

Stephen