Currently Selected Reference Changes When I Leave the App

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
ctg7w6

Currently Selected Reference Changes When I Leave the App

Post by ctg7w6 »

Good day. Currently running the latest version of Bookends 14.0.3, but this was present in the last version as well.

Here is where I encounter the problem. First, it seems to only happen when I create a new reference. So, I create the new reference, and then I begin filling in the details such as author, title, etc. Then, I need to look up a bit of information for this and I switch over to another window, such as my PDF reader or the Mac finder. When I click on another window and that becomes my active window, I can see that over on Bookends, it switches my active reference over to some other reference. Then, when I come back to Bookends and make it my current active window, I have to find the reference I was originally working on.

I just tested it out and I could not replicate this with an existing reference, no matter if I changed data in the reference or simply made it the highlighted, active reference. It seems to only occur when I create a new reference and then switch my active window to something other than Bookends.

Hopefully this was clear, but please let me know if I could explain any aspect of it better or if you need to test something for reproducibility.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Currently Selected Reference Changes When I Leave the App

Post by Jon »

I've had a few reports of this but have never been able to reproduce it.

Please contact tech support directly with a screen snap of how your library is set up when this happens, in case it's very specific for a certain configuration.

support@sonnysoftware.com

Thanks,

Jon
Sonny Software
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Currently Selected Reference Changes When I Leave the App

Post by Jon »

It has taken a while, but we've finally tracked down and fixed this bug. The fix will be in the next update (14.0.8 ).

Jon
Sonny Software