Colors for better navigation

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Philologist

Colors for better navigation

Post by Philologist »

I have two feature requests. Would it be possible to add a feature to color folders and groups? I think that would be a huge leap forward and would make the navigation much easier. The following screenshot from Scrivener shows the idea:

1.png
1.png (111.58 KiB) Viewed 1159 times

Would it also be possible to color the background of the References (in the Library Window)? This could be enormously helpful when working with two open libraries. Now I'm transferring my old smart groups to the new library, I'm going back and forth, and sometimes I get confused because they look now pretty much identical, and I'm sometimes accidentally making changes in the old library when I think I'm in the new library. If the old library would have a light yellow background color, for example, this would never happen.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Colors for better navigation

Post by Jon »

I'm not particularly keen on either, but I'll add them to the requested feature list.

Jon
Sonny Software
mjvalente

Re: Colors for better navigation

Post by mjvalente »

I agree that the first request would be welcomed. @Jon... if my opinion can nudge you for an update with this feature, I'll join the request. :)

Note: here at home we are still mourning the lack of colours in the Finder's toolbar. :cry:
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"