Alternate between windows with ⌘`

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Bernardo

Alternate between windows with ⌘`

Post by Bernardo »

I recently noticed that the universal macOS shortcut ⌘` (command tilde), for alternating between windows, does not seem to work in Bookends. I could have broken this by accident, but it still works on other apps, so that does not seem to be the reason. If this is the case, would it be possible to add this functionality? Thanks.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Alternate between windows with ⌘`

Post by Jon »

I'll check on that when I can. But if it's not working in Bookends I can't imagine why, it's an OS-level command enabled in System Preferences and not something that Bookends is trying to defeat.

Jon
Sonny Software
Bernardo

Post by Bernardo »

Does it work for you? I ask this to Jon and to other users. I am trying to establish if this could be something I did over here, as I have a lot of shortcuts, macros, etc.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

It works for me (Big Sur). I opened the Term List and Formats Manager windows and switched between them and the library window with Command-tilde.

Jon
Sonny Software
iandol

Post by iandol »

Works for me too (Monterey 12.3), just tried to open TWO libraries and the Format Manager and ⌘` cycled between them without issue. Note I have BetterTouchTool and Alfred running managing a bunch of key bindings and with things like the HyperKey configured just in case the context of which tools may matter...
Bernardo

Post by Bernardo »

Thanks, Jon and Ian. I could not establish the cause, but it is clear that Bookends is the only program affected. This is strange considering that I have no specific rules for BE in Karabiner and that I tried killing Alfred and most other apps, plus fiddled with macOS settings, but all to no avail. I also used an app called Shortcut Detective, but it didn't work very well and didn't provide any insights. In the end, I decided to create a Keyboard Maestro macro to work around this issue, so now the shortcut does work as it should.