Formatting issues

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
patel.djl

Formatting issues

Post by patel.djl »

Hi, I noticed that the formatting of references is behaving oddly. I have my own format set up.
Books are formatted: a d ~[~u4~]~`.` t. {(j, $vol. $v).^(j).^($vol. $v).^} {l^$[s.l.]$}: {u^$n.p.$}
Now this is not shown in either the "formatted reference" window nor in the exported file. It works though in the summary window.

example
formatted reference: Bhattacharjee, Jayanta Bhusan 1978. The Garos and the English. New Delhi: Radiant Publishers
bibliography export: Bhattacharjee, Jayanta Bhusan 1978. The Garos and the English. New Delhi: Radiant Publishers
summary window: Bhattacharjee, Jayanta Bhusan 1978. The Garos and the English. New Delhi: Radiant Publishers
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Formatting issues

Post by Jon »

Is this example for citations or bibliographies? The view formatted pane shows only the bibliography format unless you right click on it and choose to show both. And when you export formatted references they use the bibliography settings, not the settings for citations.

Jon
Sonny Software
patel.djl

Post by patel.djl »

Hi, this is for bibliographies. I do like the possibilities of Bookends to format properly and use that for a very wide array of materials where I need special formatting. That worked very well till version 13.x. I just noticed the change in behavior for version 14.x yesterday. Basically I lost all italics (from what I see). As this is crucial (and saves a lot of time typesetting) I really hope you can bring it back.

Cheers Vijay
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Make sure you have set Bookends to output Styled Text or you won't see italics, bold, etc. This can be set in Preferences or in Biblio -> Bibliography.

Jon
Sonny Software
patel.djl

Post by patel.djl »

It seems, the settings were lost while updating to the new version. It works fine now. Thanks for the tip.

Cheers Vijay