Customize Copy Citation

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Terjea

Customize Copy Citation

Post by Terjea »

Hi,

I am currently using: "Author, Date, Unique ID" to copy citations.

I would like it to be: "Title, Author, Publisher, Date, Unique ID"

Is there a way to customize it?

Best regards,
Terje
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Customize Copy Citation

Post by Jon »

Look in Preferences -> Scan & Bib -> Copy Citation

You can use a format you define for this purpose. Be careful, though, this is an advanced feature and you have to get the settings in the format right. For example, the name of the author and when to use et al (and what to use for et al -- perhaps nothing).

The order field would be

t, a, u, d, $#$=

The = symbol will be replaced with the unique ID. For Bookends to recognize it during a scan it must be preceded with #. The $ signs tell Bookends to output the # as a character, not replace it with the sequential reference number.

Jon
Sonny Software
Terjea

Post by Terjea »

Thanks Jon,

My question is how do I customize? When I go to the Scan & Bib settings I see a predefined list for Copy Citation — Use. I don’t see any option to customize my own in the drop down.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

The pop-up menu should have 3 built-in choices and then a list of all the enabled formats. If you don't see that it means none are enabled (which will cause problems elsewhere). You would go to the Formats Manager and enable (check) the ones you want in these menus.

If this is still confusing, please contact tech support directly and we'll straighten it out.

Jon
Sonny Software