Proper way to input and export “Introduction by …”

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Demogorgon

Proper way to input and export “Introduction by …”

Post by Demogorgon »

Hello! Can anyone point me to where I can learn the proper way to input and export “Introduction by …” info using Bookends?

Thanks!
Philologist

Re: Proper way to input and export “Introduction by …”

Post by Philologist »

Not quite sure what you mean.

If you have Aristotle as author, Poetics as title …, are you then asking where and how to enter "Introduction by John Doe"?
If so, then there is no "proper" way to do that. It all depends on your reference style and your taste, i.e. where and how you exactly want this information to appear after you scan your document.

Here is what I do. I created a custom field and named it SUBTitle. In that field I enter information which I think do not really belong to the title but is somehow related to it. In this field I would enter "Introduction by John Doe". Since this is a custom field it will not be italicized when you scan your document; thus it will be displayed as not really being a part of the title (which is italicized), and that's what I want.
You could also just enter "Introduction by John Doe" as a part of the title, but then it would be italicized, and I don't know if you want that.