Exporting notes

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Exporting notes

Post by Jon »

I can have Bookends add a space after the # when it's created programmatically -- Bookends doesn't care if there are spaces or not after #, it treats the whole line as the header. I could strip it off or not when displaying the header in the list cell. This may be enough for you, no?

Jon
Sonny Software
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Here's what I've done for the next update. When you create a notecard with header (from the right-click) Bookends will add a space after the # so that you beginning typing the header without worrying about that.

Copy and drag with Option key will simply include the contents of the notecard without trying to clean it up. Meaning that #, @, %, and < for header, page, tag, and quote will be left as entered.

Styles will be preserved in the copy and the drag with Option key. If you drag/paste into a text editor the styles won't show up. If you paste into any application you can do so with Edit -> Paste and Match Style to remove the styles if you don't want them.

Jon
Sonny Software
DrJJWMac

Post by DrJJWMac »

> Here's what I've done for the next update.

Sounds exactly right for me. Thank you.
--
JJW