UpToDate import references

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Yodalogger

UpToDate import references

Post by Yodalogger »

Anybody had luck with creating something for auto import of UptoDate articles? For now I'm just using "UpToDate" as my author for placement into a smart group and I doubt I will ever cite such an article in a publication but thought I'd check in.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: UpToDate import references

Post by Jon »

What's an UptoDate article?

Jon
Sonny Software
Yodalogger

Post by Yodalogger »

UpToDate is a subscription based medical point of care database/live text book that is written and edited by a large group of physicians/health care providers. The topics are updated (ideally) regularly with any new evidence that is published or with changes in expert opinion as new guidelines emerge. As an example they’ve made their COVID based resources free (for now), I included a link below to better demonstrate.

https://www.uptodate.com/contents/covid ... 2748144804
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I took a look -- you certainly can't import information from that page. They do have a bibliography, and in Bookends Browser if you click on the links in that and follow by clicking on the link to PubMed, you can import it. But that's 2 clicks to get there. You could also write an import filter that could import their concise display of the information if you copy it to the clipboard. If this does't make sense or you want to followup, please contact support@sonnysoftware.com.

Jon
Sonny Software