Recovering "Field Order" for "Book, basic format"

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
mawyn

Recovering "Field Order" for "Book, basic format"

Post by mawyn »

I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing and I mistakenly entered new format fields into the "Field Order" box of the default type, "Book, basic format". I actually wanted to enter the new format info for a different type, but I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing.

Is there any way to restore the field order definition from, say, Time Machine? Or does BookEnds have some kind of snapshot mechanism?

Frustrated and angry at myself,
Matthew
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Recovering "Field Order" for "Book, basic format"

Post by Jon »

You can restore the default format(for all Types) by removing the edited format from the Custom Formats Folder (to the Desktop or Trash, for example). Right click on the format in the list to go to it in the Finder.

If you want to revert just one field and you have Time Machine, of course you can go back to the last Time Machine backup and recover that.

If neither are a good option, there is a more cumbersome solution I can suggest.

Jon
Sonny Software
mawyn

Re: Recovering "Field Order" for "Book, basic format"

Post by mawyn »

OK, thanks. I recovered an old version of the .fmt file in ~/Library/Application Support/Bookends/Custom Formats. That did the trick.

Thanks for your help, Jon.

Cheers,
Matthew