Incorrect # in Term Lists

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
prop

Incorrect # in Term Lists

Post by prop »

When I click on the Term Lists window for "Author", there are several authors listed as having 3 references in their name in my database, yet when I click on the name in the left-hand pane, only two references show up. I have several others that are following this "n+1" pattern, whereby n+1 is listed as the "#" in the left-hand pane, and only n are present when I actually click on the author...

If it's relevant, this seems to only be happening when the authors last names are the same (I seem to have a lot of Warners!). Could it be a record that I've deleted and this hasn't been updated in the term lists?

Do I need to re-build the database or something? Has anyone else come across this problem? This isn't affecting my workflow, it's just that it isn't correct, and I'm wondering why...

Thanks for any help!
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Incorrect # in Term Lists

Post by Jon »

prop wrote:Could it be a record that I've deleted and this hasn't been updated in the term lists?
Yes, that's probably it. Bookends adds terms automatically, but doesn't remove them.

You can update the list in one of two ways:

1. Press the Delete key when the Term List is being viewed (a dialog will ask if you want to update)

2. "Shrink" the window (click on the disclosure triangle) and then click on the Update button.

Jon
Sonny Software
prop

Post by prop »

Thanks for the quick reply - as usual, your answer solved the problem. :)