Remembering Attachments folder

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
prop

Remembering Attachments folder

Post by prop »

It would seem that Bookends doesn't remember where my Attachments folder is. I have set the correct folder in preferences. What I would like Bookends to do is to automatically go to the last folder I navigated to when I attach another file to another record.

Is this my system only? Maybe this is already taken care of in Bookends 8 (awaiting anxiously! :))...?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hm, I'm not sure I understand the question. When you set the default attachments folder, Bookends place all attachments there (if you drag and drop!). It has nothing to do with navigating folders when you click the attach button.

Drag and drop gives you more functionality.

In Bookends 8, drag and dropping attachments will be much more powerful than it is in Bookends 7.

Jon
Sonny Software
prop

Post by prop »

I just meant that when I added an attachment manually through the dialog box it defaulted to a folder that wasn't the last one that I had been to. I expected it would bring up the last folder I had attached a file from... It's just a bit of extra mouse clicks I didn't think would be necessary (I have to navigate to a commonly-accessed folder where all my downloads go to).
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Right. That's a function of Mac OS X, not Bookends.

I recommend that you use drag and drop for attachments. It is more flexible, and as I said, will only be improved in Bookends 8.

Jon
Sonny Software