exporting out of Very old bookends v.3.2

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
cgad1255

exporting out of Very old bookends v.3.2

Post by cgad1255 »

I have had bookends for years on an old power mac. I need to export the database and put it in a new bookends and a new endnote. The PowerMac is a relic 7500/100. We have no manuals and don't know how to export. I read your reply to Jan but I don't think this version of Bookends has what you spoke about.
Thanks
Catherine
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Is there a format for Medline or Pro-Cite? If so, you can export as a plain text file with either of these. The first would be read in by the PubMed filter. I think the second can be imported by the RIS filter.

Jon
Sonny Software
cgad1255

old and tired still trying to export

Post by cgad1255 »

Hi, sorry to ask such a basic question but we have no manual and the only thing people know how to do is input data and search. The basic question is how do you export the database. I see how you can export hits but how do you export the database.

So far the system locks up when I try to export hits to a PC disk. I will keep at this but I need to export the database before the Power PC dies.

Thanks
Jon
Site Admin

Re: old and tired still trying to export

Post by Jon »

cgad1255 wrote:Hi, sorry to ask such a basic question but we have no manual and the only thing people know how to do is input data and search. The basic question is how do you export the database. I see how you can export hits but how do you export the database.
Simple -- make every reference a hit. To do this, go to Choose and click the Choose All button. Now every reference is a hit, and you can export them in any format you want (as plain text, if you want to import them into another app).

If you can't get this to work, please contact me directly at support@sonnysoftware.com and we'll figure something out.

Jon
Sonny Software